Interestingly enough, in 2021 TikTok dethroned Google as the most visited domain throughout the world. It’s time to rethink your strategy regarding this powerful platform if you’ve been ignoring thus far. It’s truly become a powerful tool to grow your online business.
TikTok might’ve started out as a video sharing platform mostly used by kids that liked to lip-synch songs while recording it on their phones. But this platform has evolved tremendously since it first got its early start as Musical.ly.
This social media platform has transformed the way we watch videos. It’s a great place for creators to go to share their ideals and knowledge with the world. Plus, it’s an excellent place for businesses to put up short videos about their products and brand.
Today, we’ll look closely at the benefits of TikTok and how they’ll help your Google rankings. We’ll also take an in-depth look at the value of TikTok for businesses. We’ll cover topics that include:
- How TikTok can help grow organic Google traffic
- How to create brand awareness with TikTok
- How to impress your customers with engaging TikTok content
- How to use TikTok to drive traffic directly to your website
With that in mind, let’s jump right into it.
How TikTok Can Help Grow Organic Google Traffic
Since Google doesn’t own TikTok, but it does own YouTube, you can expect YouTube videos to outrank the growing platform in the Google search engine results more often than not. But this doesn’t mean there isn’t any value to creating TikTok videos to grow your brand and business. Quite the contrary in fact.
It’s more than possible to convince the Google search engine bots to rank your tick-tock videos. In fact, when you create your videos, be sure to use relevant keywords in the caption and create hashtags for added visibility. This will not only help the TikTok algorithm find your videos, it will also improve your overall rankings within the Google search results.
In fact, TikTok has even shared documentation stating that their algorithm takes hashtags and captions into consideration when ranking videos in their search engine results.
By adding keywords, hashtags, and other relevant optimization elements to your video, you’ll properly optimize your content for the TikTok algorithms, which will ultimately improve engagement. Both Google and TikTok take engagement metrics into consideration as part of their ranking algorithms, so it’s important to keep engagement in mind when creating videos on this platform.
How to Create Brand Awareness with TikTok
Using TikTok in your marketing efforts is a powerful strategy. In fact, there are numerous benefits to using this platform more often. They include:
- Consumer spending is huge on this platform. In fact, it’s estimated that tick-tock users spent $6 billion on the app in 2022. Are you getting your piece of the action?
- TikTok has a gigantic audience so you’ll expand your reach
- It’s an effective and affordable marketing strategy
- It’s perfect for all brands
- It’s a great way to increase brand equity
- It’s the perfect way to expand your reach by collaborating with other creators
With that in mind, it’s easy to create brand awareness in the following ways:
- Use TikTok ads to further your reach and create greater brand awareness
- Develop a relationship with your customers through the platform by sharing offers tailor-made for these viewers
- Build strong brand equity through content creation. Create engaging content specifically targeted toward attracting a wider and broader audience. Offer seasonal discounts, share behind-the-scenes videos, and create engaging content that will spread brand and product awareness
How to Impress Your Customers with Engaging TikTok Content
This social media platform became really popular because viewers were hungering for more engaging short and catchy videos. It’s a great way for businesses to promote their products and services in this matter. Impress your customers with your TikTok videos with the following strategy:
- Creativity is critical when creating short, punchy videos. Everyone is overloaded with content at this point, so you’ll need to stand out in the crowd. Add special effects, music, humor, engaging stories, and more when creating your videos. This will make your viewers stand up and take notice.
- Keep your video short and sweet. It’s important to be fun and engaging but your videos also have to be concise as well make sure they are 60 minutes or less to quickly and efficiently get your message across to your audience.
- Interact with your TikTok audience. Remember, this is a social platform so interaction is important for your success. Answer questions, participate in challenges, and respond to comments on your videos. Build relationships with your followers and create a community.
- Use relevant hashtags. Using relevant hashtags is the perfect way to help more people find your videos. When you use these hashtags, you’ll have an easier chance at getting your videos to show up in the search results of TikTok and Google.
How to Use TikTok to Drive Traffic Directly to Your Website
Lastly, the added TikTok exposure is a great way to drive more traffic to your website. Here are a couple of tips to make it happen:
- Add a call to action at the end of your videos. Never forget to mention your company or specific products at the end of your videos. Encourage your viewers to visit your website to learn more about your products and business.
- Promote your website on the platform. Remember to share links to your website in your bio, in your comments, and in your captions.
- Authenticity is the key to success. If you act fake in your videos, your viewers will know it and it will turn them off. Let your wonderful personality shine through in your content.
As you can see, TikTok certainly has a powerful effect on your Google rankings and brand awareness. Consider everything shared today and use the tips, tricks, and tactics to harness the power of this incredible social sharing site.